If you are looking for a quick and easy way to make beautiful jewelry, then buy a bit of stretchy cord. Stretchy cord is a type of stringing material that is both flexible and durable. You can also find it listed as gossamer floss or as the brand Stretch Magic. You don’t need special beads to secure your jewelry when you use this material, and you can complete a single piece using only your favorite beads and a pair of scissors. There are many benefits to using stretchy cord as a stringing material, and your jewelry will turn out even better with these hints and tips.
Stretchy cord has several benefits that make it ideal for handmade jewelry. It is flexible and smooth, which means that it is comfortable for almost every wearer. You can assemble jewelry quickly and easily using stretchy cord, and all you need to do is to tie a knot to secure it. This makes it possible to string together a piece of jewelry no matter where you are, and you will be able to complete it in a matter of minutes. Since it is so easy to use, stretchy cord is perfect for beginners who want to focus on designing beautiful jewelry rather than technique or making a perfect fit. Its flexibility makes it an excellent stringing material when you are making bracelets or anklets for loved ones because it will simply slide over their wrists or ankles. You won’t have to worry about the jewelry being too big or too small since it will have some stretch to it.
Get creative with your stretchy cord to see if you can create pieces that will make people look twice to see how you did it.
- Keep your knots hidden by sliding them in a bead with a large hole.
- Secure your knot with a drop of superglue.
- If you don’t want to use a knot, lightly press a crimp bead over the end of the jewelry. Don’t press too hard, as this could cause you to cut through the cord.
- Use stretchy cord for bracelets and anklets. Avoid using it for necklaces, which will stretch out of shape due to gravity.
- When using stretchy cord, create your jewelry by using seed beads or lightweight beads that have smooth holes. Heavy beads or those with sharp edges could distort the piece or cut through the cord.
- For faster stringing of beads, use big eye needles.
It won’t take you very long to experience the many benefits of using stretchy cord. Grab a length of it today and see what you can do!